What are the Benefits of Membership in MOCIL?
- Monthly updates and direct conversations with V.R., DSDS, the Governor’s Council and MOSILC
- Networking opportunities with Centers working towards shared common goals
- Updates on potential funding sources for Centers
- Invitation to MOCIL Legislative Day at the Capitol
- Access to MOCIL annual meetings and partner presentations as well as meetings with directors and key staff from state agencies.
- Information on best practices from the IL, CDS and In-Home workgroups
Becoming a Member
Membership of member CILs shall include and not be exclusive of any freestanding CIL which:
- Has its primary office or will have its prospective primary office located in Missouri;
- Chooses to affiliate with Missouri Centers for Independent Living;
- Pays annual dues and fees;
- Is not a member of any association that conflicts with the priorities or strategies of MOCIL or the legal requirements of a 501(c) 3
- Is recognized as a Center for Independent Living on the federal level by the Administration for Community Living and by the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation in Missouri.
- Chooses to coordinate its public policy agenda with other MOCIL members. Members are committed to working in partnership with all elected officials on behalf of their constituents with disabilities.
Because members are concerned about the perception of Centers throughout the state, we agree:
• MOCIL will not be involved with or participate in intimidation, disrespectful tactics, or actions involving harassment. MOCIL offers reasonable approaches to issues.
• MOCIL is committed to keeping the lines of communication open, even when we do not agree with elected officials.
• We are accountable for our programs and will provide accurate information when requested to do so
7. Conducts itself in a respectful and professional manner in all MOCIL-related business
8. Additional CILS from adjoining states may be members as long as they are in good standing in their State and meet federal regulations of a CIL
Any member of MOCIL may have their membership rescinded by vote of 2/3 of total membership.